Local Military Mother Hopes to Give her Children the Best this Holiday Season & We're Here to Help
As Thanksgiving approaches, The Fan Fam can't help but step back and reflect on how fortunate we are. We are thankful for the simple things... our health, providing for our families, having a roof over our heads and food on the table. We realize not everyone can count these blessings on any given day so, we have created a day to help those less fortunate, but certainly more deserving than we are... Wednesday, November 22nd we invite you to celebrate FANSGIVING with us! We are honored to work with Wish For Our Heroes again this year to be partnered with a military family who could use our help.
This year our family is the Redding Family:
- Marie: Wears a Large in sweatshirts and sweatpants. She enjoys hoodies and sweats very much. She is a 14 in juniors jeans and a medium in t-shirts. She likes Stranger Things series on Netflix and would like anything related to that show. She also enjoys teen mystery books. Her shoe size is a women's 10.5 Marie is a tomboy and enjoys comfort over style.
- Rose: Wears adult small clothing or size 16 in girls. Her shoe size is 8 in women. Rose enjoys drawing/coloring/art supplies and shrinky dinks. Rose loves to look her best and wants to dazzle everywhere she goes. Glitter and bling are her favorites.
- Alexander: Wears a size 6 in boys and a size 1 in little boy shoes. Alexander is all boy and loves anything cars/trucks (hot-wheels, race cars, etc.) and is recently into age-appropriate board games.
You can donate to the Redding Family two ways:
1. Donate Online: https://www.wishforourheroes.org/donate/
- When you get to, "Specify a chapter to direct your donation" be sure to select "Indiana"
2. Join us at FANSGIVING!
- Fansgiving is an all day event – starting out with Big Joe Broadcasting live from Payless Liquors at Greenwood Park Mall courtesy of Admiral Nelson Spiced Rum. So stop in, donate cash or any items on the Wish List above on-site, grab your Thanksgiving spirit necessities and sample some of the Admiral's best rum as well as Goose Island beers + snack on great food provided by Wings Etc.. We'll also be registering you to win prizes just for stopping by!
- Dan Dakich will have some auction items throughout his show for his great listeners to bid on with proceeds going to the Redding Family!
- JMV will be doing a special Fansgiving Edition of Bud Light Blue Wednesday from Brothers In Broad Ripple with Colts vs Titans tickets for you to win + Evan Williams Bourbon will be helping support Fansgiving with some more auction items and the ability to donate on site.
Thank YOU for celebrating FANSGIVING with us and for your support of the Redding Family.
More about Wish for Our Heroes:
WISH for OUR HEROES (W4OH) is a national 501(c)(3), dedicated to assisting the men and women of the United States active-duty military, and in some cases, Veterans.
Military life is difficult – men and women selflessly serve our nation, while working for little pay, putting their lives on the line, and dealing with the secondary affects that can tear families apart. WISH for OUR HEROES wanted to provide resources to the “average” military member, in order to make their deployments a little easier, and to improve the quality of their family lives while home or during deployment.
WISH for OUR HEROES started with the goal of providing one wish for every deserving military member. There are no requirements – military members simply had to be on active-duty at the time the wish is submitted. The priority is to always grant basic needs or emergencies first – anything from putting food on the table to assisting with car repairs, home repairs, baby supplies, clothing, etc. When basic needs are met, W4OH also enjoys providing fun things like sending the troops to athletic events, sending them on vacation to get re-acquainted after deployments, meeting celebrities and more. You can view a sampling of some of the wishes WISH for OUR HEROES has granted by viewing the news pages or visiting the wishes page.