Who Will The Colts Play In 2018?
Zach Bolinger | Getty Images
INDIANAPOLIS – The Colts have 5 playoff opponents on their 2017 schedule.
With the 2017 regular season finished, the Colts officially know the teams they will be playing next season.
The dates/times for the 2018 slate will likely come in mid-April when the NFL releases their schedule.
The return of the New England Patriots highlights this year’s slate of games for the Colts.
In 2018, the Colts are aligned to play the AFC East and NFC East, with 4 road games against playoff teams.
Here are the 2018 Colts opponents:
- Bengals (6-10) The two closest teams in the AFC will play in Indy this year. Cincinnati is NOT looking for a new coach after they signed an extension with long-time head man Marvin Lewis. The Colts and Bengals play in 2018 because both teams finished third in their respective divisions this past year.
- Bills (9-7, AFC Wild Card): After playing in Buffalo last season, the Colts will now host the Bills in 2018. This is the third time in the last 4 years that the Colts and Bills have met.
- Cowboys (9-7): The NFC East alignment this coming year sends the Dallas Cowboys to Lucas Oil Stadium for the first time since the 2010 season.
- Dolphins (6-10): The Miami Dolphins will play in Lucas Oil Stadium next season. It will be their first trip to Indy since the beginning of the 2013 season.
- Giants (3-13): Like the Colts, the Giants are also in the market for a new head coach in 2018. Will Eli Manning be playing for the Giants when they come to Indy for the first time since 2010?
- Jaguars (10-6, AFC South Champions): Jacksonville shutout the Colts this past year at Lucas Oil Stadium. It was the first shutout for the Colts since 1994.
- Texans (4-12): Houston has played in Indianapolis during the month of December in every season since 2011.
- Titans (9-7, AFC Wild Card): The Titans ended a 9-game road losing streak to the Colts earlier this year with a late November victory at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Eagles (13-3, NFC East Champions): The Colts will head to Philly next year to take on Carson Wentz and the top NFC team from 2017.
- Jaguars (10-6, AFC South Champions): The Jaguars have dominated the Colts 81-26 in their last two meetings in Jacksonville.
- Jets (5-11): The Jets decided to extend the contract for head coach Todd Bowles. The Colts last played the Jets on the road during a Monday Night game in December of 2016.
- Patriots (13-3, AFC East Champions): After 2 years of not playing the Patriots, the Colts have their nemesis back on the schedule. Before 2015, the Colts and Patriots had played each other in every season since 2003.
- Raiders (6-10): This game will be played in Oakland, before the Raiders head to Las Vegas in 2019. Oakland is in the market for a new coach.
- Redskins (7-9): A trip to the nation’s capitol will be the Colts’ first road game against the Redskins since the 2010 season.
- Texans (4-12): This past November’s meeting in Houston was the first non-primetime game the Colts and Texans have played in Texas since 2012.
- Titans (9-7, AFC Wild Card): Tennessee ended an 11-game losing streak to the Colts this past October, with a Monday Night comeback victory.